- (708) 952-7914
Team 6B Science
Welcome to our website, a place where you can visit to learn all of the important information about what is going on in our classroom and at school. I hope you are able to find everything that you need, keeping you informed of the procedures, events, and learning activities for the 2014-2015 school year.
This site will change constantly throughout the year. A great way to stay up to date with weekly lessons and assignments is to use the "Weekly Assignments" link on the right side of the page. That page will consist of lesson summaries, essential questions that are the focus of our units, and daily assignments. The documents section will also be updated regularly to give students access to hand-outs distributed in class.
- 6th Grade Field Day will take place on Friday, June 5th. All student fines (library, ID, technology, etc.) must be paid in order to participate.
- Just a heads up: Makers' Faire has been moved to June 3rd!
- Our 3rd Annual "Makers' Faire" is on June 4th. Students will be working on their individual projects during Advisory on Mondays and Fridays, so all materials should be at school starting April 27th!
- The 6th Grade Field trip form and $10 (cash) is due on May 4th!
- Club/Activity yearbook pictures will be taken on Wednesday, February 11th. There will be no announcements over the intercom, so it's your responsibility to be in the right place at the right time. See the list of times here. They should also be posted in your 1st period class on Wednesday.
- Link to home-made bottle thermometers (from class 11/12)
- Link to "mystery substance" recipe (from class on Tuesday, 8/26). The recipe can be cut in half if you don't want to use too much of your parents' cooking supplies! If the link doesn't work, search "Oobleck recipe!"
- ALL students at OLHMS were showed the following presentation regarding proper use, care, insurance, damages, etc. Chromebook Presentation. If you have any questions, please direct them to the office.
- I have Twitter and Instagram accounts if you're interested in following me! Find me @MrsSafka (no period) on both social media outlets. If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram account, all of my posts can be viewed below!
- There's an APP for that? - Did you know that there's an app available to view the district calendar, access HomeLogic, pay fees, and view teacher pages, all in one place? Click here to learn about D123 Connect!
- Daily Announcements - Announcements are posted, by day, on the OLHMS Weekly. The announcements include daily club/activity announcements and information about upcoming events. Read the announcements here!
@MrsSafka on Instagram
@MrsSafka on Twitter
Nervous about 6th grade? Maybe this will help...