- (708) 952-7714
How can I help my child be a better reader?
When you read to them or when they read their "Owl" folder books ask them these questions:
- Start at the beginning and tell me everything that happened in the story?
- Who were the characters in the story?
- Where did the story take place (setting)?
- What was the author's message, what was he/she trying to tell us?
- What did this story remind you of?
- What was your favorite part and why?
Having conversations with your child will lead to great things...
Practice word wall words: check the document section for an updated list.
We are practicing asking and answering questions... you can do the same at home using pictures or books.
Who, what, when, where, how and why???????