Health & Safety
School Health Care services help students adopt healthy habits that foster a physically and emotionally healthy school environment. The primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. The school nurses and health aides accomplish this by implementing strategies that promote student and staff health and safety. The nurse takes a leadership role in serving as the coordinator of all school health programs in the following manner:
- Health Education (provides health education to students, staff and parents)
- Healthy Environment – identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment, conducts screenings and health histories.
- Nutritional Services – supports healthy food services programs
- Parent/Community Involvement – promotes community involvement in assuring a healthy school, serves as school liaison to our Wellness Committee.
- Staff Wellness – provides health education and counseling, promotes healthy activities and environment for school staff
Food Allergy Management Program
View the school and district immunization data that is submitted to the State Board of Education annually.
The purpose of the Wellness Policy is to ensure a total school environment that promotes and supports student health and wellness, helps to reduce childhood obesity and meets the requirements of the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, and the Illinois School Code, including without limitation, goals for nutrition education, physical activity, guidelines for foods available during the school day, including reimbursable meals, and a plan for measuring implementation.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.