School District 123 Board Member Vacancy Process
District 123 will immediately begin an open application process for any qualified community member that would like to serve the children of our community in this capacity. The appointed board member will serve the rest of Ms. Lichter 's term until the April 2025 election.
The mission of Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123 is, "Preparing today’s learner for tomorrow’s world" and the vision of the school district is "A dynamic and supportive environment that ignites lifelong learners who embrace diversity and contribute positively to our community and global society." Candidates should show familiarity with the strategic plan and school board policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a school board and a school board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest parameters, ethics requirements, and knowledge of gift ban policies. The Oak Lawn-Hometown School Board policies are available at d123.org/about/board-of-education/board-policy/
Interested candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and reside within District 123 boundaries for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment
- Be a registered voter
- Not be a child sex offender
- Not hold another incompatible public office
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- Not be a school trustee
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or Federal employment.
Applicants with questions about the application process can contact Colette Condon, administrative assistant to the superintendent, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (708-423-0150) before May 10, 2023.
Qualified applicants should submit application materials to Mrs. Condon via email at email@example.com no later than 5PM on May 10, 2023. The email should include the following information.
- Updated resume, including full name, address of residency within District 123;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- And written confirmation that the above qualifications have been met.
The Board will review all submitted applications and begin a selection process with the intention to fill the vacancy by vote no later than June 23, 2023.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.