The District Will:
- Develop a shared vision that RtI is a “general education initiative” and that RtI and problem-solving will result in more productive and equitable outcomes for students.
- Identify the administrative support structures necessary for systemic planning and implementation of RtI.
- Identify the stakeholders in the district, inform them about RtI, and assure the stakeholders that their input will be considered in the development of the infrastructure.
- Develop a common understanding regarding the scope of RtI implementation.
- Define the policies and procedures regarding how to implement RtI.
- Systematize RtI with school improvement plans and other district initiatives.
- Develop a communication plan. Identify who will provide the information, how the information will be shared, and when the information will be communicated (Parents, students, staff, administrators, school board).
- Complete a needs assessment process to identify areas of strength and areas of need related to an RtI system.
- Develop and deploy an integrated professional development plan across personnel (parents, staff, administrators, etc…) and across needed content domains.
- Outline an evaluation plan and identify the data management system(s) that will be used to support RtI implementation and allows progress monitoring of district, school, classroom, and individual student’s progress.
- Identify a plan to develop strong, well-trained school-based problem-solving teams who can provide “on-the-ground” support for teachers, students, and parents.
- Schedule regular meetings for the District Leadership Team.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.